Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Metalab, Rathausstr. 6, 1010 Wien; your local hackerspace; Linux; Whateverlab; Tschunk & Karaoke ....
- HappyLab Fab Lab, Haussteinstr. 4/2, 1020 Wien; LaserCutter, 3D-Printer, CNC-Mill, ...
- HapplyLab Wiki - has lots of info on using the tools (laser cutter settings, 3d-printer tools, etc)
Hacking & Learning
- Adafruit Learning System - many different topics and platforms covered
- Allaboutcircuits - lots of resources for electronic enineering
- Learn soldering - nice tutorial with video
- Basic Electronics - all kinds of analogue stuff explained
- MagPi Magazine - the printed & online magazine for Raspberry Pi projects
- Mechatronics Wiki - Northwestern Mechatronics Design Lab
- Afrotechmods! - fun and informative
- Jeri Ellsworth - car racing - electronics - chip design - rollerderby - founding companies; she did it all ...
- Mitch Altman - inventor of the TV-be-gone and co-founder of San Francisco Noisebridge
- Limor Fried (ladyada) - founder of adafruit industries
- Fritzing - simple but powerful circuit designer / PCB layouter especially useful for breadboard & Arduino projects
- EagleCAD - commonly used CAD tool for electronic projects, free (up to 2 layers, 10x10cm)
- KiCad - another free circuit design / layout software
- LTSpice - circuit simulation tool
- Java Circuit Simulator - online easy usable circuit simulator
Interactivite Media Art / Programming
- Processing - Java based multimedia programming framework with close links to Arduino
- openframeworks - C++ multimedia programming ramework
- Cinder - C++ creative coding framework (Windows, MacOS X)
- openCV - the open computer vision library
- vvvv - multimedia framework with graphical editor / composer
Graphical Design / 3d-printing / lasercut
- Freecad - free parametric 3D-modeller
- DesignSpark Mechanical - another free 3d design tool
- SketchUp - google's 3d-cad tool
- Inkscape - free vector-based drawing tool (for 2d shapes, laser cutting)
Fun / SeriousGaming
- Konstruktor - the engineer of the people - chip design at its best!
- Embedded Security CTF - show your cracking skills !
- Laravel - Php MVC Framework
- Django - Python MVC Framework
- Vagrant - The "It worked on my machine..."-bug preventor (pure magic)
- W3CSchools - The "I want to become a web developer"-site
The Hardware Distributors are listed on the page Local_Shops_&_Suppliers. There you'll find the contact details and the opening hours.
Media & Organisations
Local groups, artists and nerds
- Roboexotica - the festival for cocktail robotics
- Time'sUp Linz - laboratory for the construction of experimental situations
- Monochrom - die Medienmogulerie
- Make Magazine / Make Blog
- Chaos Computer Club / Chaos Commmunication Congress