Jump to navigation Jump to search
TBD: Improve structure of this page: describe project details, contact person/institue, availability of master/bachelor thesis etc. !
Existing projects which can be based upon / improved
- A mobile robot platform with microcontroller for PWM control of motors and collision avoidance, as well as webcam and RaspberriPi for transmission of live video data is available - This robotic platform can be extended (gripper, ROS module for path planning, Compuer vision ...)
- Various robots/machines have been created in course of the "Roboexotica" festival for cocktail robotics
- A ROS (Robot Operating System) - compatble platform is available based on a turtlebot, a kinect 3d-camera and a mechanical gripper actuator
- UAV - projects (semi-autonomous / autonomous flight models created by the UAV team of Tom Kittenberger / Embedded Systems Institute
Bioelectric Signal Acquisition and Processing
- Open Source Software for Biofeedback and Neurofeedback: BrainBay (Audiovisual interpretation of biosignal data in real time)
- "EnergyPong" - A classic Pong game with ergometer control and alternative input methods
- "Brain Washing Machine": EEG feedback in a modified washing machine (operated with RaspberriPi)
- EEG and Brain-Computer Interface projects using OpenVibe, OpenEEG and Emotiv Epoc
- Eyetracking and gaze estimation using Tobii EyeX, Eyetribe or other hardware
Assisitve Technologies and Smart Homes
- AsTeRICS - a modular construction set for assistive technologies
- LipMouse - a mouth controlled mouse cursor with Bluetooth Low Energy Link
- Existing smart home infrastructure projects (involving KNX network, EnOcean - Components, ...) see AATLab
Concrete Proposals for new Projects
- "Pimp-my-Wuzzler" - the Mensa team of the UAS provides the table-soccer table for electronic add-ons (score counter, sound effects, ..) !
- Build the "Blinkenschild" - a Led matrix that does it all
- Smart home control with RaspberriPi
- Control of the air conditioner in room A0.04 - by Arduino, temperature sensor and servo motor to improve the Klimaanlagensteuerung!
- Slam-based indoor navigation with Kinect 2.0
- Webcam / online status of the Project Kitchen-room
- A SMD reflow oven with LCD and PID-controller for the ProjectKtichen
- An FPGA-based sprite graphics accelerator for STM32 CortexM4-CPUs
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) HID device implementation using the Nordic nRF8001 module
Other potential topics for projects
- Alternative user interfaces e.g. via bioelectric signals, Brain-Computer interfaces (BCI), etc.
- Computer Vision and Robotics
- Gesture recognition using inertial measurement data or computer vision
- Interactive media performances or music production with alternative user interfaces
- Accessible toys and computer games
- Android apps with hardware / embedded interfacing / environmental control
- Internet-Of-Things - evaluation of sensor nodes / integration frameworks etc.
link to project resources